Sunday, 13 March 2016

On the Write Track…




“I think  Prince,  you had missed your calling”…this is how the head of Asia Pacific region of a large IT company that I used to work reacted on reading my 250 words report on a world-wide meeting. If my routine office report elicited such a response from a senior executive, the response of people to my blog writings was even more direct and dramatic. “I cried when I read your post” This was a teacher who called me up after reading my article on how a government teacher overcame her fears and confidently delivered a speech in English . “You were born to write” this was how my mentor Dr. Selvaraj testified on reading a tiny Facebook post. In Assam, a book that I had ‘ghost-written’ was published with much fanfare with the Assam Chief Minister congratulating the ‘writer’ for the excellent profiles of young entrepreneurs supported by the Assam government.

I always knew that I had a flair for writing since my school days. The summary and interpretation that I wrote of poetry – not yet taught in class, was reproduced verbatim on the black-board by my English teachers who took pride in their ward's command over the language. However not until the opening of the internet did my writing evolved into so may genres as it were.

The World Wide Web is a great leveller – you find some great writing and you find equal amount of trashy writing..sometimes, the trashy writing would have more ‘followers’ too! I realized long back that I should not let the comments on the web dictate my writing style. I had refused many assignments for writing content for websites, simply because it was not writing ..it was stringing together a bunch of “keywords” to fool the search engines. Thankfully, Google had upped the ante now with smart algorithms that could weed out such websites. As for the trashy stuff still out there they are written by bots and software programmes that could ‘spin’ a story if you just enter few key words.

Cutting to the chase, I have taken my writing seriously now as more people are not only showing their admiration, but giving me some writing work and also willing to pay for it. I had written several website contents, product descriptions, and contents for brochures, newsletters, e books and several articles for the web. What I had learnt is, there is a market out there for good original content written in simple to read English. Encouraged by all the support from you all, I have taken the plunge and going to write more.

I have launched Quintus Communications – a complete communications solutions company. blog http://quintuscommunications.blogspot.in/ and the FB page that I had just started https://www.facebook.com/QuintusComs/

I would be happy to take up any content writing work that you may have for your websites, brochures, newsletters, sales presentations, press-releases, copy  writing , editing work - anything to do with good persuasive writing – I am ready to do. You have enjoyed my writing in my blogs and Facebook posts and other forums, now you have an opportunity to make use of the same skills that you had admired for your own organizational or personal requirements. Call me now and help me fulfil my calling! 

No comments:

Post a Comment